Thursday, April 2, 2009

America, meet Britian.

SO CUTE. Am I right!? The best things about this photo are as folllows:

1) The Queen looks SUPER excited to be there. She reminds me a little of this guy. It's almost as if SHE is getting a Red Ryder BB gun. If you're lucky, Elizabeth! (But don't get your hopes up too high... it might be an ipod.)

2) Michelle is clearly uncomfortable with her height in this photo. We RARELY see her with this posture, but I (a giant myself) know it well. It's a stance specifically reserved for occasions when you find yourself around really short people who are more important than you are. (Otherwise you of course would stand tall and proud!) I stood like this when I found myself standing next to Sandy Brant at a party once. So I understand, Michelle. You are doing the slump-and-lean out of respect.

3) The visit itself created quite a bit of stir due to an alleged side-hug. Ugh, I HATE the side hug. But good for you, Liz, for just going for it all the way.

4) No one knows who the guy is off to the right hand side of the photo. Notice how the Obamas are subtly yet clearly turned toward the more important member of the royal family? (Okay, fine, we know who he is. We just don't really care about him.)

5) Back to the smile... Helen Mirren would NEVER smile like that. Maybe its just me, but I do feel like The Queen should maybe be taking more cues from her more attractive doppelganger.

...Such a good news day.

6 comments:

Lauren Haugen said...

Ok - this is the best post ever! It sure made me smile!!!

Unknown said...

glad you got a good news day. i have definitely seen you with that exact posture in several photos. love it.

MeggieSue said...

hahaha. this post made me super happy. nothing like a can of V-8, the today show (yes, i know you've sworn off morning tv), and a "work from home friday" with plans for lunch at taste and a haircut :)

Emily Jayne said...

How much do I love this picture you ask? I just made it my profile picture on facebook.

Jen Pasko said...

I giggled throughout this entire post....HAHAH Love it.Love you. Love the Obamas. And of course I love the queen mum with her ubber happy smile....

Gail said...

Sarah,
This post made me laugh out loud!!! You made me feel happy inside and out...keep it up oh clever one.